Liquor Liability Insurance

Liquor Liability Insurance

Does your establishment need Liquor Liability Insurance?

Understandably, anyone that owns a business that serves, sells, manufactures or facilitates the use or purchase of alcohol needs liquor liability insurance. In addition, businesses that elect to serve alcohol to their employees, prospects and customers at the annual open house or other special event, also need liquor liability insurance. Both host liquor liability and liquor legal liability insurance protect your business in the event an intoxicated person causes bodily injury or property damage as a result of being served liquor by your business.

Liquor Liability “Basics”

Which coverage do you need? Liquor liability laws vary greatly by state, and insurance policy coverage options are often confusing. Here is some basic information on the subject:

  • Host Liquor Liability Insurance Policies: provide protection for businesses against bodily injury or property damage suits brought by parties injured as a result of an intoxicated guest who was served alcohol at an event your company hosted. This coverage may be included under the commercial general liability policy depending on the nature of your business.
  • Liquor Legal Liability Insurance Policies: provide coverage for bodily injury or property damage for which you may become legally liable as the result of contributing to a person’s intoxication. This exposure is not covered under a general liability policy. This coverage is provided by a separate insurance policy. This policy will only cover establishments whose business is to manufacture, sell, distribute, or serve alcoholic beverages for a charge.
  • Dram Shop Laws: hold alcoholic beverage servers financially liable for harm that visibly intoxicated individuals cause to other people, themselves, or property. These are state level established laws. These laws not only apply to bars, liquor stores and restaurants, but also to social clubs and private events where liquor is served. Dram shop laws also include selling liquor without a license, selling liquor after hours, and selling liquor to minors.

Trust Hall Insurance Services is here to help. How can we?

The differences between host liquor liability and liquor legal liability can be confusing. You may be uncertain as to which coverage you need. Your Trust Hall Agent will be able to help you determine which policy is best for your situation and exposure.

Trust Hall Insurance makes your liquor liability insurance process as simple as possible.By filling out a simple online form, our expert agents will be able to help you determine which policy is best for your situation. In addition they will shop the market for you and get the best possible coverage at the most competitive premium. We pride ourselves on taking care of our clients and their interests.

Get your quote today!

Simply enter your zip code above to complete and submit the Protection Savings Form for a free, no-obligation liquor liability insurance quote. The sooner we receive your information, the sooner we will get you the best protection for your alcohol-serving situation.